PDRN, or polydeoxyribonucleotide, has become a staple skincare ingredient in the beauty world due to its regenerative properties. These biological molecules are extracted from the DNA in salmon sperm. It might sound disconcerting at first glance, but the benefits of this extraordinary ingredient make it well worth any hesitation you might feel at its origins. Its use originated in South Korea and is now widely used in the skincare sector.
The truth is, you can incorporate sunscreen, moisturizer, and a whole slew of facial treatments all day long and not see any significant improvements if your skin is already in rough shape. While they are essential for preventing skin damage, those treatments won’t do a lot of repair to skin that’s already been through the wringer. If you were a sun-chaser in your childhood—or even in your twenties— your skin probably shows signs of damage. So you need a product that will actually repair the damage, regenerate skin cells, and bring back your youthful glow. Look no further: PDRN is where it’s at.
Here’s an in-depth look at the facts surrounding PDRN, its effects on skin regenerations, and why skincare enthusiasts and doctors worldwide are singing praises to this powerhouse ingredient.
Benefits of PDRN
Let’s start with all the benefits that polydeoxyribonucleotides have when it comes to incorporating it into your skincare routine:
- Rejuvenating – Salmon DNA regenerates tissues by activating the microvessels in your skin and activating fibroblasts to help boost collagen production.
- Repairing – It repairs even deep layers of skin damage, improves skin elasticity, and strengthens the skin's natural barrier to prevent further damage.
- Tissue Regeneration – Skin regenerates naturally, but this speeds up the process for long-lasting healthy, radiant skin.
- Stimulating – It stimulates elastin production and collagen growth in the skin.
- Tones – Dark spots and discoloration are smoothed for a brighter and more even skin tone.
- Anti-inflammatory – It works at the cellular level to decrease inflammation in your face and skin, promoting healing and cutting down on the amount of puffiness you might experience.
- Biocompatible – As a naturally occurring ingredient, PDRN has excellent biocompatibility with human skin, making adverse reactions rare.
Its two main functions, repairing and regenerating, have propelled PDRN forward in skincare routines across the globe. It improves skin quality and prepares the skin to respond to other treatments, serums, and skincare products.
Skin Regeneration and Wound Healing
Skin regeneration is vital to keeping happy and healthy skin in our faces, but it’s also essential to healing wounds; this is another area where PDRN shines. Recent studies have found that it has proven encouraging results in terms of healing time, wound regeneration, and absence of side effects. It’s even been effective in situations where wound healing is impaired, like diabetes, severe burns, and lack of blood flow.
These findings have brought polydeoxyribonucleotides to the front and center of the skincare scene, and the best news is that you don’t have to go to a doctor to reap the benefits. There are methods of using these skin regenerating treatments right in your home.
While everyone’s skin can benefit from polydeoxyribonucleotides, it’s best for individuals who have experienced slow healing, dark spots or lesions on their faces, and post-acne hyperpigmentation. It’s also highly applicable to those who deal with early-onset aging signs like loss of skin density, dull and dry skin, deep wrinkles, age spots, and fine lines.
There are several different methods of getting PDRN into the skin, and they can all be highly effective methods of boosting skin regeneration. You can get all the benefits of the ingredient in any of the following ways:.
- Topical Serums – One of the easiest ways to start incorporating this ingredient into your skincare routine is through a topical serum. It can be gently massaged into the skin and allowed to sit for several minutes for maximum absorption. You can apply these serums during facials and other skincare treatments.
- Masks – Facial masks containing polydeoxyribonucleotides are becoming popular as an easy and non-invasive way to get the skin regenerating ingredient into your skin. Most of these masks are recommended one to three times per week and can even be used every day for some skin types. Repairing masks often contain other active ingredients like sodium hyaluronate and spirulina platensis extract to aid tissue regeneration and skin hydration.
Fight Aging at the Cellular Level
It’s amazing to think about the effects those tiny little molecules derived from salmon DNA can have on our skin. Its unique ability to penetrate our skin to its deepest level and repair damaged DNA is remarkable. It’s like a real-life fountain of youth.
It’s never too late to take care of your skin. And even if you think your wrinkles and sunspots are too far gone, think again. PDRN works to repair your skin from within so that you can experience a reduced appearance of scars, wrinkles, and stretch marks. Treatments can also minimize pore size, boost new cell growth, improve skin elasticity, and help with your skin’s hydration levels.
GetGlowing Skincare Has Everything You Need for Your Skincare Routine
GetGlowing Skincare has everything you need to get started if you're ready to perfect your skincare routine. Our collection of PDRN products includes topical serums, masks, and facial peels to help regenerate your skin in the comfort of your own home and leave you with the flawless complexion you deserve.
We also offer a wide assortment of Korean skincare accessories, masks, peels, sun protection, and more. Check out our online store to shop our extensive skincare products and start your journey toward healthier, happier skin today, and as always, get in touch if you have any questions!