Snail mucin, also called snail slime, excrete slime, and snail secretion filtrate, is one of the newest, most exciting ingredients in the skincare world.
Yes, we are talking about snails; the little shelled gastropods that live in gardens, and the delicacy item found on the menu at a fancy French restaurant. To some people, snail slime as a skincare ingredient to be used on your face seems wild and unimaginable, but it is actually jam-packed with amazing benefits beauty-enthusiast and novices alike desire!
Some people feel like there's an associated ick factor and can't move past it. But if you can get over the idea of putting snail slime on your face, you'll find it to be a surprisingly effective and luxurious ingredient.
Ready to learn more about what snail secretion filtrate can do for your skin? Continue reading below.
What Does Snail Mucin Do for Your Skin?
Did you know that snail slime has incredible skincare superpowers? Well, not exactly. This newer ingredient can be used for countless skin conditions and tackles various skin problems, ranging from fading fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars to soothing redness to repairing skin damage. Countless skincare gurus, professionals, and masters have declared snail mucin the skincare if you hope to achieve youthful, softer, and flawless skin.
See? It's basically magical.
Here is a more in-depth look at just some of the things skincare products containing excrete slime can do for your skin:
- Improves the Look of Wrinkles and Fine Lines and Overall Skin Texture — Glycolic acid is naturally found in snail secretion. Because of its molecular size, it can penetrate the deepest layers of your skin and is considered one of the most effective alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). Glycolic acid aids in smoothing skin texture, removing dead skin cells, and reducing signs of aging, such as the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduces Redness and Irritation — Allantoin is a chemical compound found in snail slime that helps to protect, soothe, and condition your skin. It is one of the leading ingredients found in K-beauty products. Allantoin can be harvested from various plants, such as wheat sprouts, sugar beets, comfrey, and chamomile.
- Reduces Free Radical Activity — Free radicals are partly to blame for the damage to your skin. They break down our skin's collagen, which can lead to unflattering skin issues like dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, and loose or saggy skin. Thankfully, antioxidants can protect your skin from the damage caused by free radicals, allowing your body to repair the skin. Antioxidants are also known to stimulate collagen production, soothe irritation, reduce hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles, and brighten skin tone.
- Encourages and Stimulates the Production of Collagen — Collagen production naturally slows in the body as we age. To make the whole thing even worse, the collagen we already have begins breaking down, resulting in an increased amount of wrinkles. Thankfully peptides can help. Polypeptides are small compounds made up of short-chain amino acids (the building blocks of proteins like elastin, keratin, and collagen). Without collagen, the skin loses its ability to create a supple and plump appearance, all while minimizing the look of fine lines and wrinkles, resulting in more youthful-looking skin. Copper peptides can be found in snail slime, as well as vitamins A and E, both of which are amazing antioxidants.
- Accelerates Wound Healing and Improves Tissues' Ability to Repair Itself — Snail excretions have been around since ancient times. It has been used for centuries for its skin healing benefits. More and more research shows that snail slime can substantially increase the rate at which wounded tissue heals. This healing superpower seems to be because of the complex chemical composition of the slime and its astonishing ability to increase new skin cell production, prevent the loss of existing skin cells, and promote the movement of skin cells to wounded tissue. Moreover, the antibacterial agents found in snail slime help prevent infections, which aid wound healing.
- Fights Off Acne-Causing Bacteria — Acneic skin sufferers, rejoice! Snail secretion filtrate has antimicrobial properties, and since bacteria are one of the leading causes of pimples, blackheads, and more, using products that contain snail slime can help reduce acne.
- Evens Skin Tone, Complexion, and Fades Hyperpigmentation — People using products containing snail excretion can experience a more even skin tone and brighter complexion. Because this ingredient promotes the production of new skin cells and has antioxidants, hyperpigmented areas begin to fade with regular use.
- Increases Hydration — Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-produced molecule in your body that helps your body bind to water. Unfortunately, our bodies' ability to hold on to moisture lessens as we get older. Giving your body supplemental hyaluronic acid helps your skin replenish hydration and reduce water loss.
- Moisturizes the Skin — Snail secretion filtrate contains moisturizing agents that work with your body to repair the natural lipid barrier of your skin. Excrete snail slime works simultaneously to lock out external environmental irritants while locking in moisture, resulting in a higher concentration of moisture in your skin.
Interested in Snail Mucin Skincare Products? Get Your Must-Have Items at GetGlowing Skincare Now!
If you want a flawless, glassy, and dewy complexion, check out the huge selection of skincare products featuring snail mucin at GetGlowing Skincare.
GetGlowing Skincare has all the Korean beauty and skincare products you will need to meet even the loftiest skin goals! We truly believe every individual, skincare lover or not, should use the highest-quality products and must-have favorites that will not break the bank. We proudly offer our customers highly effective, super-affordable products with clean ingredient lists.
Our products are expertly formulated with exciting and exotic ingredients, like snail slime, and are as effective as they are unique. They provide our clients with a safe and fun way to achieve that coveted flawless and glassy skin like that of our skincare-loving Korean pals. Be sure to check out our online store or get in touch with us today to learn more.