You might have a facial skincare regimen and understand the importance of that, but do you have a body care routine?
When it comes to skincare, most people only think about their face. In reality, the face, neck, and head only account for a small percentage of the skin on the entire body. That means there’s still so much more of the skin to address — it is the body’s largest organ, after all!
Self-care regimens will (and should!) look different from one person’s routine to the next. Just like our face skincare routines, body care regimens will need to be different since everyone’s skin types are different and have varying needs. The skin on the body deserves just as much attention as a person’s multi-step facial routine.
That’s why we’re diving into all the must-have essentials so you can get ready to check off every item on your body care routine list.
9 Must-Haves for Your Body Care Routine
As mentioned above, body skincare routines will look different from one to the next, which means your body care kit might have different products than someone else’s, and that’s okay! The key to a good body care routine is to jam-pack your body care kit with everything your body needs. Here are some must-have items you may want to think about adding to your body care routine list:
- Body Wash — Of course, body wash is a must-have in any body care routine. Removing dirt, oil, sunscreen, and anything else that builds up throughout the day is crucial and can help prevent clogged pores, body odor, and other skin issues.
- Body Lotion — Body lotion helps lock in moisture in your skin. Between showering in hot water, shaving away body hair, and other environmental factors, your skin can become extremely dry and depleted of its natural oils. Using a quality body lotion rich in hydrating ingredients in your body care routine can help to replenish moisture levels, leaving the skin refreshed and balanced.
- Body Oil — Body oil is good for moisturizing the skin and helping your skin appear smoother and feel softer. But isn’t that the same as body lotion? In short, body oil is thicker in consistency and feels heavier on the skin. It creates a barrier on the outermost layer of the skin to lock in moisture. In comparison, body lotion is a lightweight, thinner formula. While it moisturizes the skin, it also helps soothe and soften dry skin.
Body oils offer your skin a lot of nutrients and give your skin a glowy finish. It also improves skin elasticity, helps the exfoliation and rejuvenation process, and helps the appearance of stretch marks and other scars.
- Gua Sha — Did you know that the gua sha tool is not only for your face? The body gua sha (a different tool than your facial gua sha) is an essential part of any body care routine. Not only can gua shas help relieve muscle and joint pain, but they can also help improve circulation, drain the lymphatic system, restore and smooth the fascia, support your microbiome, and more.
- Hand Mask — Hand masks are meant to soothe the skin on the hands with moisturizing essences. They can also include ingredients that strengthen the skin barrier, firm and plump, smooth and condition, nourish, and more. Make sure to add hand masks to your body care routine list!
- Foot Mask — Much like hand masks, foot masks are meant to soothe the thick, dry, and maybe even callused skin on the feet. A foot mask is good to include in your body care routine all year round but is especially good during the winter months, so your feet will be ready for sandals in a few months.
- Dry Brush — Dry brushing has been used for thousands of years in several different cultures. The dry brushing tool helps stimulate lymph flow, energize the skin, and boost circulation. Dry brushing stimulates the circulatory system and assists in resurfacing the skin to help it feel buttery soft.
A daily brushing practice can help reduce the appearance of rippled skin by bringing blood flow and chi to the surface. For even better results, try dry brushing in tandem with the gua sha.
- Sunscreen — Sunscreen all over your body is just as important as it is for your face. The sun’s ultraviolet rays can increase your risk of skin cancer and premature aging. Make sure to use sunscreen all over your body every day, even on the days you don’t plan to go outside.
It doesn’t matter where you live or what tone your skin is — using sunscreen (and reapplying as necessary) can help protect you from sun damage and is an essential part of your everyday body care routine.
- Body Exfoliant — Body scrubs and other exfoliants help remove dead skin cells, allow your skin to absorb products better, unclog pores, prevent ingrown hairs, and more. Whether you use a physical or chemical exfoliant, you’ll love how much softer and smoother your skin feels.
Get All Your Body Care Routine Essentials at GetGlowing Skincare
Are you looking to update or replenish your body care routine? GetGlowing Skincare has everything you need to create your body care kit.
Whether you’re looking for ways to treat body acne, hoping to moisturize your skin, want to grab a foot or hand mask, or anything else, the experts at GetGlowing Skincare are here for you. We have all of the must-have body care products and tools to help you achieve your skincare goals.
Regardless of your beauty budget, everyone deserves to use high-quality skincare products that work! Our team is dedicated to offering our customers highly effective, super affordable, clean body care products that you’ll happily reach for, morning and night.
At GetGlowing Skincare, you’ll find expertly formulated, cutting-edge products that feature exciting and exotic ingredient lists. Our goal is to provide our clients with effective yet safe ways to achieve that coveted perfect, glowy skin all over, like that of our skincare-obsessed Korean friends.
Be sure to check out our body care routine must-haves on our online store, or contact us today to learn more.